Custodians - Full-Time
Posted Tuesday, December 3, 2019
Virginia Military Institute is accepting applications for Full-Time Custodians.
- Restroom Maintenance – Clean and disinfect all assigned restrooms, to include but not limited to: basins, mirrors, commodes, floors, urinals, walls, and fixtures. Stock paper products as necessary.
- Trash removal/police outside – Remove all trash and debris from assigned areas. Responsible for policing outside of building area. Remove debris, snow, ice, and leaves as directed. Re-check as necessary during shift.
- Common Area Cleaning – Clean classrooms, study rooms, offices, libraries, entryways, water fountains, stairways, hallways, and other assigned areas. Cleaning will consist of, but not limited to sweeping, mopping, buffing, dusting, and window cleaning.
- Hard Surface Floor Care/Carpet Cleaning – Sweep, mop and buff resilient floors to reveal a clean and glossy appearance. High speed maintenance buffing is also required. Clean carpets as required or by request using a bonnet or carpet extractor method.
- Customer Satisfaction and Special Project Assistance – Respond to customer requests in a courteous and professional manner. Assist supervisor with special assignments upon request.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management such as event preparation and support, inclement weather support, special project teams, i.e. floor maintenance.
Salary: $22,880 ($11 per hour) plus a Generous Benefits Package
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and use of cleaning chemicals, equipment and supplies
- Knowledge of safety practices related to the work
- Working skill in the operation of manual and power cleaning equipment to include buffers, wet-dry vacuums, shampooers, and pressure washers
- Ability to perform a variety of cleaning tasks
- Ability to tolerate contact with a variety of cleaning products and solutions
- Ability to lift/move heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform manual labor
- Ability to read and write the English language and to understand and follow oral/written instructions
- Ability to work in either a team or individual environment
- Possess a valid VA driver’s license
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Please submit a State paper application to the Human Resources Offices, 305 Letcher Avenue, Lexington, VA 24450 or apply online at: http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/164803
Applications accepted until job is filled.
A criminal background check is required for all selected candidates.
In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, VMI encourages women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans to apply. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply. VMI will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with documented disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment, educational opportunities, programs and services.