Assistant Athletic Trainer (Temporary January 20 - May 15, 2020)
Posted Friday, December 13, 2019
Virginia Military Institute (VMI), an NCAA Division I and Southern Conference (SOCON) member, is seeking candidates for the position of Assistant Athletic Trainer. This is a temporary hourly/wage athletic department staff appointment in the office of Sports Medicine. This individual will report to the Associate Athletic Director for Sports Medicine and works directly with the Sports Medicine office, athletic department staff, Post Physician, Team Physicians, and other institute offices.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist the Associate Athletic Director for Sports Medicine in all aspects of intercollegiate athletic team coverage for 18 sports.
- Primary sports coverage with football, men’s & women’s swimming, and women’s water polo. Responsible for all aspects of medical coverage to include: Prevention, treatment, rehabilitation, and referral of athletic injuries.
- Communication with sports medicine staff, Post Physician, Post Nurse Practitioner, and Team Physicians, and department administration.
- Administrative duties to include Sportsware liaison, concussion management policy updates, inventory, aqualifts, and other duties as assigned.
- Athletic training clinic at the VMI infirmary.
- Maintain full commitment to compliance with NCAA, Southern Conference, and Virginia Military Institute rules and regulations.
- Contribute to departmental administrative efforts and sports medicine coverage in other areas as needed in athletics and the Corps of Cadets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree completed in Sports Medicine, Athletic Training, Exercise Science, Heath & Human Services, or similar field of study.
- Master’s degree preferred in Sports Medicine, Athletic Training, Exercise Science, or Health & Human Services.
- 1-3 years of experience working in the Sports Medicine/Athletic Training field.
- NATA Certification
Salary is negotiable.
Candidates must complete an online application: Assistant Athletic Trainer (Temporary) Job Application
Please include resume, letter of application and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, VMI encourages women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans to apply. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply. VMI will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with documented disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment, educational opportunities, programs and services.