Laundry Worker - Full Time
Posted Wednesday, January 15, 2020
Virginia Military Institute is accepting applications for a full time (10 month) Laundry Worker.
- Sort and fold laundry items from dryers and identify with tags,
- Iron white trousers and shirts
- Pack finished items
- Press wool uniform items
- Operate and inspect dry cleaning machines and presses
- Fill in where needed in laundry and dry cleaning operations.
Dayshift with minimal weekend work and a very generous benefits package including medical, dental, and vision plans, and participation in a State Retirement Plan.
- The ability to perform manual labor is required, and the ability to understand and follow both oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of the practices, procedures, and activities of laundry and dry cleaning operation is desirable but not required.
VMI will train the successful candidate.
Criminal Background Check required for the selected candidate.
Candidates must complete an online application: Laundry Worker Job Application
Send State applications to:
VMI Human Resources Office
305 Letcher Avenue
Lexington, VA 24450
The position will remain open until filled.
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, age, or disability. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply. VMI will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with documented disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment, educational opportunities, programs, and services.