Laundry Workers - Full Time
Posted Saturday, February 13, 2021
Virginia Military Institute is accepting applications for full time (10 month) Laundry Workers.
- Sort and fold laundry items from dryers and identify with tags,
- Iron white trousers and shirts
- Pack finished items
- Press wool uniform items
- Operate and inspect dry cleaning machines and presses
- Fill in where needed in laundry and dry-cleaning operations.
Salary: $19,067 per year
Dayshift with minimal weekend work and a very generous benefits package including medical, dental, and vision plans, and participation in a State Retirement Plan.
- The ability to perform manual labor is required, and ability to understand and follow both oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of the practices, procedures and activities of a laundry and dry cleaning operation is desirable but not required.
VMI will train the successful candidates.
Candidates, please apply online at: Laundry Workers - Full-Time Job Application
Send State applications to:
VMI Human Resources Office
305 Letcher Avenue
Lexington, VA 24450
Position will remain open until filled.
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal education and employment opportunities, VMI encourages women, minorities, disabled individuals, and veterans to apply. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply. VMI will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with documented disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment, educational opportunities, programs and services.