Physical Plant Project Manager
Posted Wednesday, January 15, 2020
Virginia Military Institute is accepting applications for a Physical Plant Project Manager.
The Project Manager will manage assigned non-capital and maintenance related construction projects within the Physical Plant department of Virginia Military Institute.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Manage all phases of assigned projects including scope, estimates, budget, procurement, construction, project closeout.
- Manage and execute facility requests that require code review, safety improvement, space upgrades, change of use studies, building and grounds improvements, and emergency repairs.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time, within the scope and on budget.
- Serve as the Physical Plant representative on assigned capital projects performed by the Capital Construction Office.
- Provide support to Physical Plant operations, maintenance, events, and facility emergencies as directed.
- Graduate from a four-year college/university with a BS degree in architecture or engineering.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; ability to develop cooperative relationships with various stakeholders, architectural/engineering consultants and contractors.
- Ability to develop and manage multiple projects simultaneously in an effective and efficient manner in a fast-paced time-sensitive environment.
- Proficient in MS Office software, project management software, and basic design/rendering software.
- Licensed Professional Engineer or Architect
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Minimum of five years of proven experience in designing/managing engineering and/or architectural projects.
- Experience with managing state projects and knowledgeable of the requirements and procedures of the Construction & Professional Services Manual (CPSM).
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
Candidates must complete an online application: Physical Plant Project Manager Job Application
Please include a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information (including emails), for three professional references. Online applications accepted until the position is filled.
In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, VMI encourages women, minorities, and veterans to apply. VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, age, or disability. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply. VMI will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with documented disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment, educational opportunities, programs, and services.