Plumber/Trades Tech III
Posted Thursday, January 16, 2020
VMI is accepting applications for a full-time Plumber position.
- All aspects of residential repairs and maintenance.
- Performing general maintenance of all facilities at VMI.
Duties typically include a combination of the following:
- Perform and assist in, included but not limited to plumbing, painting, electrical, carpentry, and snow/ice removal.
- Being on call, every third week as part of a team, with the ability to respond in a reasonable time and identified as essential personnel for responding to emergencies and/or natural disasters.
- Working well independently and with others in a team environment and the general public.
- Working weekends and evenings to support VMI functions and emergencies.
- Upholding the established appearance and conduct standards to ensure the VMI Physical Plant organization is represented to the highest level and respected in the VMI community
- Other duties as assigned
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Valid Virginia driver’s license with clean driving record required
- Successful candidate must have extensive experience in plumbing, electrical and carpentry work.
- Ability to work from heights and operate a power lift
- Extensive experience in the maintenance field
- Trades License and/or certifications
- Computer skills
- High School Graduate or GED
Starting salary is based on qualifications and experience.
Candidates must complete an on-line application: Plumber/Trades Tech III Job Application
Applications accepted until filled.
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer does not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, age, or disability. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply. VMI will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with documented disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment, educational opportunities, programs and services.