Grounds Workers - Part-time
Posted Thursday, October 8, 2020
VMI is accepting applications for part-time Grounds Workers.
- Perform day-to-day work schedule with a grounds crew as needed.
- Maintain a variety of planting, landscaped areas and tasks that include but are not limited to mowing, set ups, deliveries, minor equipment maintenance, grounds care and maintenance, landscape installation, snow and ice removal, applying nutrients as required and police grounds.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of trucks, mowers, and various other equipment related to preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Responds to emergency situations as required and directed by supervisor
- Maintains planting and fertilization records.
- Have the ability to work overtime and weekends to support VMI functions.
- Uphold the established appearance and conduct standards to ensure the Physical Plant organization is represented to the highest level and respected in the VMI community.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management such as event preparation and support, inclement weather support, special project teams, tree maintenance.
Hourly Rate: $11/hr.
- Working knowledge of methods and general procedures of applicable trade or grounds maintenance techniques.
- Working skill in the use of equipment and tools.
- Ability to be available for stand-by and after-hours duty
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record required
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to perform manual labor.
- Prefer High School graduate or equivalent.
Candidates must complete an online application: Grounds Workers - Part-time Job Applicaiton
A criminal background check will be required for selected candidates.
Applications are accepted until positions are filled.
In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, VMI encourages women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans to apply. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply. VMI will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with documented disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment, educational opportunities, programs and services.