Museum Store Assistant - (part-time)
Posted Saturday, February 13, 2021
Virginia Military Institute is accepting applications for a part-time Museum Store Assistant for the Jackson House Museum. Some weekend work required.
- Assist store manager with store: pricing merchandise, restocking shelves, creating displays when requested, checking low stock, etc.
- Responsible for updating online store and processing Pay Pal orders
- Complete daily cash reports
- Serve as store clerk or guide when needed
- Assist with all aspects of routine museum operation including opening/closing
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Store Manager and Site Director.
- Candidates must have a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Competence with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of POS
- Retail sales experience
Salary: $13.00 per hour
A Criminal background check is required for selected candidate.
Please include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 professional references.
Candidates, please apply online at: Museum Store Assistant - (part-time) Job Application
Applications will be accepted until midnight 18 February, 2021.
In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, VMI encourages women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans to apply. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply. VMI will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with documented disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment, educational opportunities, programs and services.