Museum Assistant - (part-time)
Posted Saturday, February 13, 2021
Virginia Military Institute is accepting applications for a part-time Museum Assistant for the Jackson House Museum. Some weekend work required.
- Create weekly schedule for volunteer shifts
- Manage Facebook and Instagram accounts
- Assist with development of online and in-person educational programming
- Perform curatorial housekeeping throughout the museum
- Assist in routine museum operations, including opening/closing and monitoring outside contractors
- Serve as store clerk or guide when needed
- Maintain research library and respond to public information requests
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Site Director
- Candidates must have a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Competence with Microsoft Office Suite
Salary: $13.00 per hour
- Experience in historic interpretation
A Criminal background check is required for selected candidate.
Please include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 professional references.
Candidates, please apply online at: Museum Assistant - (part-time) Job Application
Applications will be accepted until midnight 18 February, 2021.
In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, VMI encourages women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans to apply. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply. VMI will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with documented disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment, educational opportunities, programs and services.