Seasonal Athletic Trainer - part-time
Posted Friday, March 19, 2021
Virginia Military Institute invites applications for a seasonal (part-time) athletic trainer for the 2021-2022 academic year (August 1, 2021-May 16, 2022). The part-time athletic trainer will assist in providing prevention, evaluation, treatment, and injury rehabilitation services; and help maintain the athletic training rooms.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist the Associate Athletic Director for Sports Medicine in all aspects of intercollegiate athletic team coverage for 18 sports.
- Primary sport coverage with men’s soccer & men’s lacrosse; football , men’s/women’s swimming, and women’s water polo; and men’s/women’s cross country and track & field. Responsible for all aspects of medical coverage to include: Prevention, treatment, rehabilitation, and referral of athletic injuries.
- Administrative duties to include: Sportsware (electronic medical record)
- Communication with sports medicine staff, Post Physician, Post Nurse Practitioner, and Team Physicians, and department administration.
- Maintain full commitment to compliance with NCAA, Southern Conference, and Virginia Military Institute rules and regulations.
- Contribute to departmental administrative efforts and sports medicine coverage in other areas as needed in athletics and the Corps of Cadets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree completed in Sports Medicine, Athletic Training, Exercise Science, Health & Human Services, or similar field of study.
- Master’s degree preferred in Sports Medicine, Athletic Training, Exercise Science, or Health & Human Services.
- Prefer experience working in the Sports Medicine/Athletic Training field with intercollegiate or interscholastic athletics.
- NATA certification.
Candidates, please apply online at: Seasonal Athletic Trainer - part-time Job Application
Please include resume, letter of application, transcripts, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal education and employment opportunities, VMI encourages women, minorities, disabled individuals, and veterans to apply. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply. VMI will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with documented disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment, educational opportunities, programs and services.