Trades Technician III - Full-Time
Posted Friday, June 25, 2021
VMI is accepting applications for full-time Trades Technicians III on the Housing Maintenance Team in the Physical Plant Department.
- All aspects of residential repairs and maintenance.
- Performing general maintenance of all houses at VMI. Duties typically include a combination of the following: perform and assist in, included but not limited to plumbing, painting, electrical, carpentry, HVAC, and snow/ice removal.
- Being on call with the ability to respond in a reasonable time
- Working well with others in a team environment and the general public.
- Working weekends and evenings to support VMI functions and emergencies.
- Upholding the established appearance and conduct standards to ensure the VMI Physical Plant organization is represented to the highest level and respected in the VMI community
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Graduate or GED preferred.
- Valid Virginia driver’s license with clean driving record required
- Successful candidate must have extensive experience in plumbing, electrical and general carpentry work.
- Ability to work from heights and operate a power lift
Starting Salary: $31,000 - $34,000 plus benefits.
Background checks will be performed on selected candidates
Candidates must apply on-line at: Trades Technician III Job Application
On-line applications accepted until the position is filled.
In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, VMI encourages women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans to apply. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply. VMI will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with documented disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment, educational opportunities, programs and services.