Posted Thursday, July 29, 2021
Virginia Military Institute invites applications for a Systems Analyst in the Information Technology Department. Under general supervision this position will require programming, design, and development of the Institute’s ERP (Ellucian Colleague) systems and related third party tools.
This regular, full-time position will work Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with occasional evening and weekend hours as needed by the Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide application system design, support and programming utilizing Ellucian Colleague Software in a Unidata/SQL environment.
- Design, develop, document, implement and maintain Enterprise Application programs, subroutines, virtual fields and views using a variety of programming tools
- Support Colleague Application and all other applications that interact or supplement it.
- Coordinates design review activities with other team members to ensure applications adhere to the standards and structure developed.
- Provide systems analysis, problem-solving support, and technical guidance to provide efficient and effective use of administrative information systems in support of institutional goals and objectives
- Contributes to the team development through presentations, demonstrations.
- Coordinates access to underlying databases and data storage with other application developers and administrators.
- Develop system standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Creates and maintains operational, technical, and user documentation.
- Analyze, review, identify, evaluate, and develop system processes to ensure end-users needs are being met.
- Train end-users on application functionalities and conducts software training workshops.
- Communicate effectively with users to determine solutions that best fit their environment and need.
- Create or modify end user reports to suit their need.
- Troubleshoots functional and technical issues and provides related solutions to users.
- Conducts detailed needs and systems analysis.
- Evaluates software service requests and prepares detailed project time estimates.
- Evaluates third party software packages and serves as liaison with software and support vendors.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, college staff, students, and the community.
- Support departmental goals and timelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- College coursework in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Programming experience in an integrated database environment.
- Experience with administrative software in a college setting.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication (written, verbal), interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with MS SQL and common industry reporting tools
- Experience with relational databases
- Knowledge of Human Resource Office and Business Offices processes in a state supported higher educational environment.
- Technical skills and knowledge dealing with Ellucian system architecture in a Windows environment, Microsoft SQL and Ellucian Eclipse programming tools.
- Programming experience in any of the following: Microsoft programming tools, .NET, C#, Visual Studio, ASP and SQL.
- Experience creating end user reports with Entrinsik Informer and other third party tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft 2016/Office 365 Office Suite with an emphasis in Access Database design.
Candidates, please apply online at: Systems Analyst Job Application
On-line applications accepted until the position is filled.
In addition to the on-line application, please include a resume, a letter of interest describing aspects of your background that makes you well-suited for the position, and the names and telephone numbers of three professional references.
A criminal background check is required for selected candidate.
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal education and employment opportunities, VMI encourages women, minorities, disabled individuals, and veterans to apply. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply. VMI will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with documented disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment, educational opportunities, programs and services.