Head Men's and Women's Swimming Coach
Posted Thursday, July 29, 2021
Virginia Military Institute is accepting applications for a full-time Head Men’s & Women’s Swimming Coach. The prime function of the head coaching position is to direct a successful Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving program at the NCAA Division I level.
Duties include the following:
- Directing and coordinating the planning, organizing, and coaching of the VMI Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving program.
- On-site coaching during practice and competition for both Swimming & Diving.
- Competition preparation; formulating and implementation of pre-and post-season conditioning programs.
- Recruitment and retention of quality student athletes.
- Administration of an operating budget.
- Management of staff and the detailing of coaching directions and responsibilities
- Fundraising; promotional and public relations activities; speaking engagements and media interviews.
- Knowledge and compliance with all NCAA, conference, and Institute rules and regulations.
- Providing leadership and instruction in terms of the personal and athletic development of cadet athletes at VMI. Must demonstrate professional integrity.
A Bachelor’s degree is required.
Demonstrated ability to recruit in high schools, primarily in Virginia and the surrounding states, and knowledge of and ability to comply with NCAA, conference, and Institute rules and regulations.
Prefer experience coaching collegiate age or younger elite level athletes in swimming.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Candidates must apply on-line at: Head Men's and Women's Swimming Coach Job Application
Please include resume, cover letter of application, official transcripts, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal education and employment opportunities, VMI encourages women, minorities, disabled individuals, and veterans to apply. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply. VMI will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with documented disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment, educational opportunities, programs and services.