Posted Wednesday, May 11, 2022
VMI is accepting applications for a full-time Custodial Foreman. This position is part of the Physical Plant Department and will report directly to a Team Supervisor. This is a working foreman position. Selectee will be required to wear a uniform and present a neat, professional appearance. This position will be required to carry a radio while on duty and to respond to the Supervisor and Manager promptly.
- Filling in for supervisor when he/she is on leave
- Assist supervisor with training new employees
- Assisting with scheduling evening, weekend and event support
- Conducting inspections and working with the team to ensure all deficiencies are corrected promptly
- Assisting the supervisor with weekly custodial supply orders and their pickup and delivery
- Assisting with work orders in Megamations program
- Performing other duties as assigned by management such as event preparation and support, 'inclement weather support, and special project teams
- A variety of daily cleaning tasks
- Restroom Maintenance - Clean and disinfect all assigned restrooms, to include but not limited to: basins, mirrors, commodes, floors, urinals, walls, and fixtures. Stock paper products as necessary.
- Trash removal/police outside - Remove all trash and debris from assigned areas. Responsible for policing outside of building area. Remove debris, snow, ice, and leaves as directed. Re-check as necessary during shift
- Common Area Cleaning - Clean classrooms, study rooms, offices, libraries, entryways, water fountains, stairways, hallways, and other assigned areas. Cleaning will consist of, but not limited to: sweeping, mopping, buffing, dusting, and window cleaning.
- Hard Surface Floor Care/Carpet Cleaning - Sweep, mop and buff resilient floors to reveal a clean and glossy High speed maintenance buffing is also required. Clean carpets as required or by request using a bonnet or carpet extractor method.
Good customer service skills.
• Ability to tolerate contact with a variety of cleaning products and solutions
• Ability to life/move heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time
• Ability to perform manual labor
• Ability to read and write the English language and to understand and follow oral/written instructions
• Ability to work in either a team or individual environment
• Ability to work well with students, staff, and members of the public
• Possess a valid VA driver’s license
• Knowledge of cleaning methods and use of cleaning chemicals, equipment and supplies
- Ability to lead and motivate others
Starting salary will be $32,000 plus a very generous benefits package.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Working skills in the operation of manual and power cleaning equipment to include buffers, wet-dry vacuums, shampooers, and pressure washers
- Previous team leadership experience
Criminal Background checks will be conducted on selected candidates.
Candidates can apply at: Custodial Foreman- Job Description