Assistant Track and Field Coach
Posted Wednesday, May 25, 2022
Virginia Military Institute a division 1 military structured state public school, member of the Southern Conference and located in the South West Virginia town of Lexington is seeking applicants for the position of Assistant Track and Field Coach.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to training and developing men and women vertical jumpers - pole vault and high jump as well as manage multi event student athletes. Duties include skill instruction, strength training, conditioning, and recruiting student athletes that meet NCAA division 1 eligibility standards as well as the admission and character standards of Virginia Military This position will work with faculty and staff to maintain NCAA, Southern Conference and VMI academic eligibility standards while reporting directly to the Director of Track & Field/Cross Country.
Having a proven ability to teach, lead, counsel, and mentor student-athletes to enable outstanding performances on and off the track is highly regarded. Work schedule must be flexible, and will vary due to team practice, competitions, and recruiting. Minimum qualifications include a bachelor’s degree 3 years documented Coaching experience at the Collegiate level or successful coaching All American High School student athletes. In addition, commitment to NCAA and Southern Conference rules and regulations and support of VMI and its mission. Preferred USATF Level 2 certification in jumps or combined events USTFCCCA Specialist Certification Course in jumps or combined events.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications, 12-month employment with benefits package. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Demonstrated ability, experience and knowledge, to manage program with strict compliance to all Institute, Southern Conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- On and off campus effective recruiting while representing VMI men and women track and field/cross country program.
- Commitment to operating within human resource expectations of VMI.
- Work cooperatively with the sports medicine staff, strength and conditioning personnel and other departmental team members for the advancement of the programs.
- Support the VMI system and represent the Institute with integrity and professionalism.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics, as consistent with the position and qualifications.
Candidates must apply on-line at: Assistant Track & Field Coach- Job Application
Job applications will only be accepted through the completion of the online VA State job application. Application includes resume, cover letter of application, official transcripts, and the names and contact information for three professional references. There is a required state background check and current driver license is also required.