VMI Laundry Workers
Posted Tuesday, January 24, 2023
Virginia Military Institute is accepting applications for full time Laundry Workers.
Pay Starts at $15.00/Hr
• Sort and fold laundry items from dryers and identify with tags,
• Iron white trousers and shirts
• Pack finished items
• Press wool uniform items
• Operate and inspect dry cleaning machines and presses
• Fill in where needed in laundry and dry cleaning operations.
Dayshift with minimal weekend work and a very generous benefits package including medical, dental, and vision plans, and participation in a State Retirement Plan.
• The ability to perform manual labor is required, and ability to understand and follow both oral and written instructions.
• Knowledge of the practices, procedures and activities of a laundry and dry cleaning operation is desirable but not required.
VMI will train the successful candidates.
Criminal Background Check required for selected candidates
Apply online at Laundry Workers- Job Application or send State applications to: VMI Human Resources Office 305 Letcher Avenue Lexington, VA 24450 Positions will remain open until filled. VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, age, or disability. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply. VMI will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with documented disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment, educational opportunities, programs and services.