Assistant Operations and Planning Officer
Posted Thursday, October 27, 2022
Summary: The Assistant Operations and Planning Officer will ensure the development and implementation of efficient processes and cost-effective systems to meet current and future needs of the Institute by providing oversight of current and future operations on behalf of the office of the Superintendent. The Assistant Operations and Planning Officer reports directly to the Assistant Superintendent for Operations and Planning.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Provides assistance to the Assistant Superintendent for Operations and Planning through developing meeting agenda’s and developing minutes for various operations meetings.
- Assists in the coordination and oversight of major Institute events including matriculation, commencement week activities, major speakers, FTXs, Family and Reunion events, home football Game activities, parades as well as, but not limited to, Jonathan Daniels’ Commemorations, Hall of Fame events, Presidential and Governor Inaugural activities and Institute Society and Founders Day activities.
- Coordinates with VMI protocol office for event support, invitations, seating charts, stage party development, etc.
- Assists in the scheduling of the day-to-day operations of the Institute in accordance with General Order #1 (Operating Rules of the Institute).
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the Institute Calendar for both internal and external events and activities.
- Manages the weekly coordination meeting covering detailed communication and coordination of all Institute events 2-3 weeks out.
- Coordinates with FAS, IT, Academics, Commandant's Office, Athletic Department, Foundation, etc. to ensure logistics and personnel plans support the operational plan.
- Assists in deconflicting VMI activities internally as well as externally with community partners such as W&L, Lexington City, VA Horse Center, SVU.
- Coordinates and prepares the Planning and Operations Office annual Operations Plans and Assessments.
- Assists in providing direction, guidance, and oversight of VMI’s training areas/facilities and the VMI fitness programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned and that are commensurate with the above responsibilities.
Candidates can apply at: Assistant Operations and Planning Officer- Job Application
In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, VMI encourages women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans to apply. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply. VMI will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with documented disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment, educational opportunities, programs and services.