Posted Friday, February 3, 2023
VMI is accepting applications for a full-time Procurement Officer in the Procurement Services Department.
- Analyze purchase requisitions and select proper procurement method
- Develop specifications and evaluate responses for public solicitations
- Develop sources of supply focusing on meeting VMI SWaM goals
- Assist with pre-bid, pre-proposal and post-award conferences
- Enter purchase orders into eVA and VMI’s ERP system
- Monitor and evaluate vendor performance – ensure vendor compliance with quality and applicable terms and conditions
- Initiate vendor default actions
- Advise and provide assistance to VMI personnel on proper procurement procedures
- Prepare and issue procurements in accordance with applicable policies
- Ensure procurement files are properly documented and in compliance.
- Ability to work independently
- Strong oral and written communication skills and organizational skills
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Related or relevant work experience
- Graduation from a College or University with a degree in business or related field is preferred;
- Prior extensive procurement experience may substitute for college degree
- Purchasing experience in a higher education setting or Commonwealth of Virginia agency.
- Commonwealth of Virginia VCO//VCA/VCCO or VASCUPP CUPA/CUPO Certification
Salary based on qualifications and experience.
Please include a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Candidates must apply on-line at: Procurement Officer- Job Application
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, age, or disability. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply