Director of Compliance
Posted Wednesday, August 16, 2023
Virginia Military Institute, an NCAA Division I and Southern Conference member, is seeking candidates for a Director of Compliance. The selected candidate will report to the Deputy Athletic Director, the Director of Compliance’s primary responsibility is to direct, oversee, and coordinate all aspects of the NCAA Rules compliance program in accordance with all Southern Conference, NCAA and VMI rules.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and monitoring of compliance systems necessary to support all VMI, SoCon, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Responsible for the tracking of NCAA legislation and interpretations, processing waivers, and administering rules violations investigations.
- Coordinate the certification of eligibility.
- Monitor student-athletes academic progress and eligibility.
- Develop and implement a robust rules education program to ensure all institutional stakeholders are appropriately educated on essential NCAA rules.
- Conduct meetings with all teams periodically to educate student-athletes on key NCAA, athletic department, and SoCon rules and regulations.
- Utilize compliance software to monitor eligibility, financial aid, playing and practice season, and any other applicable areas of NCAA rules compliance.
- Assist with and ensuring accurate completion of required NCAA and SoCon reports.
- Assist with development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Assist with game day administration support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Has a working knowledge of NCAA Division I Rules Compliance.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and evaluation skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to function effectively in pressure situations.
- Attention to detail and ability to meet time demands.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience in higher education athletics administration preferred.
Candidates can apply at: Director of Compliance- Job Application
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal education and employment opportunities, VMI encourages women, minorities, disabled individuals, and veterans to apply. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply. VMI will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with documented disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment, educational opportunities, programs and services.