Assistant IG/Title IX Coordinator for Outreach, Training, and Support
Posted Monday, September 4, 2023
The Assistant Inspector General (IG)/Title IX Coordinator for Outreach Training, and Support reports to the Inspector General/Title IX Coordinator and provides services and support to the VMI Community through outreach, training, and community engagement.
- Assists IG/Title IX Coordinator in coordinating, supporting, and synchronizing VMI’s discrimination, harassment, and sexual-misconduct-focused outreach, training, and support with Commandant's Office, Human Resources, Faculty, and Administration.
- Delivers in-person training and programming in Title IX, civility, bystander intervention, and healthy relationships.
- As needed, conducts investigations of alleged student and/or employee misconduct using trauma informed interviewing techniques and completes detailed investigative summary reports.
- Assists in documentation, tracking patterns, creating reports, and data collection.
- Assists in event planning, focus groups, and training surveys/evaluations.
- Completes annual training in Title IX, Clery Act, VAWA, FERPA, and other relevant state and federal statutes.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Some experience in higher education, human resources, Title IX, legal work, and/or military training.
- Working knowledge of Title IX, Clery Act, VAWA, FERPA, and other relevant state and federal statutes.
- Experience in creating, implementing, and conducting training and presentations.
- Ability to manage complex issues, requiring sensitivity, conflict resolution skills, and objectivity.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with individuals and interdisciplinary teams to support an inclusive learning environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in Title IX case management (intake, trauma informed interviewing, support, communications, report writing) preferred.
- Experience conducting investigations of alleged student and/or employee misconduct preferred.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, age, or disability. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.