VMI Controls Systems- Facilities Management
Posted Thursday, September 7, 2023
Virginia Military Institute is accepting application for the VMI Controls Systems- Facilities Management. Applicants will be responsible for applying, modifying, and updating schedules for various control systems, including HVAC and electronic access systems. Incumbent will be assigned other duties to support daily operation of the HVAC and Lock Shop teams.
• Review of BAS to identify problems or issues and provide information to assist supervisor, Customer Service, and contractors on related BAS issues.
• Review, change, and set scheduling for HVAC and lighting to include schedules for special events.
• Support contractors in the repairs of HVAC equipment.
• Troubleshoot issues with field controllers and devices.
• Review, change, and set scheduling for building access.
• Install, troubleshoot, repair, and/or replace access control hardware.
• Maintain EAC hardware Post-wide.
• Creation and issuance of keys.
• Respond to service calls for power failure in EAS equipped doors and perform necessary repairs.
• Operate a CMMS system (Megamation) by entering relevant data including labor hours, resolution of work orders, and opening and closing of work orders.
• Solicit quotes for repair parts and/or services.
• Attend meetings or participate on Teams as a representative of the Physical Plant for capital and non-capital projects.
• Identified as essential personnel for the purpose of responding to emergencies and/or natural disasters.
• Outstanding customer service skills, and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Strong computer skills including MS Offices products, drawing revision software, and database software to include computer maintenance database (CMMS).
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, communication skills.
• Problem solving skills and adaptability.
• Two (2) years of relevant professional experience in control or building automation systems (BAS) operation, installation, or maintenance. Preferred experience with Honeywell Tridium or comparable systems.
• Experience with facilities HVAC system operation and maintenance, preferably in a networked multi-building campus setting.
• Ability to work from schematics, blueprints, drawings, written and verbal instructions.
Candidates can apply at: VMI Controls Systems- Facilities Management-Job Application
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, age, or disability. US Armed Services, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.