The Registrar's Office provides records management, course scheduling, degree certification, and diploma processing, registration, grading and evaluations, transcript processing, academic standards review, statistical reporting, support of ad hoc requests, and FERPA compliance.
The Registrar’s Office will continue to provide current support services for transcripts, verifications, investigator checks, and internal forms/records updates. Due to the Post shut down, there will be no walk-in services; however, all requests for information or processing can be directed to individual staff members, or to email@example.com, and we will get back to inquiries as soon as possible.
Per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, all external requests for personally identifiable information regarding a cadet must be made in writing and be accompanied by the appropriate authorization via fax (540-464-7726), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or mailed Virginia Military Institute, c/o Registrar’s Office, 303 Shell Hall, Lexington, VA 22939.
Transcript requests may be made online at: https://www.vmi.edu/academics/support/registrar/transcripts-and-records/transcripts/. Please allow three days for processing paper transcripts.
Career Services assists cadets with career planning, career experiences, and employment or graduate education opportunities leading to successful transitions following graduation.
Career Services support is available by phone, email, and remote appointments.
Cadets and Alumni: Make an appointment by calling us at 540-464-7560. All appointments will be virtual, using phone or video (Zoom, Google Hangouts, or social media apps).
Employers: While we won’t be able to accommodate employer visits for now, we are happy to assist with job and internship postings and virtual interviews through Handshake.
We are available via email at email@example.com and/or by phone at 540-464-7560.
The Office of International Programs will continue normal operation hours. Any VMI cadet (international or otherwise) or member of the faculty who has questions about immigration issues or study abroad can reach staff through customary means.
Colonel Dave Hall: firstname.lastname@example.org, 540-464-7350 (o), 910-650-0651 (c)
Mrs. Patricia Hardin, email@example.com, 540-464-7421 (o), 540-460-4875 (c)
All Library Distance Learning services info/updates can be found at this one location. https://libguides.vmi.edu/distancelearning
- Electronic Resources: All of the Library's e-collections (ebooks, streaming video, and journal, magazine, and newspaper content in our databases) are available off-Post via remote login. We have extensive electronic resources available across all disciplines.
- Individual Research/Reference consultations and help: Librarians can work with faculty and cadets via email, over the phone, and employ Skype, Zoom, and/or Google Hangouts for synchronous live sessions with desktop sharing.
- Canvas platform support: LTC Kocevar-Weidinger is providing individual or group support for use of Canvas. Assistance can be requested by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Formal Research/Library Instruction: If faculty want formal library instruction for cadets, librarians can offer this in Canvas.
- Course Reserves: We have an established Course Reserves site with which faculty and cadets are already familiar; course reserves include many electronic materials. For reserve items unavailable electronically, staff will prioritize working with affected faculty to digitize where possible, or to find an electronically available alternative.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL): Interlibrary loan services have been disrupted throughout Virginia and the country, with ILL departments now focused on supporting distance learning. We will no longer request physical items through ILL since these requests cannot be fulfilled. We will focus on delivery of resources electronically where possible.