Answer: In accordance with the governor’s updated guidance on the use of face coverings, cadets, faculty, and staff who are fully vaccinated are no longer required to wear face coverings on post. Those who are not fully vaccinated must continue wear a mask including at large outdoor gatherings including commissioning, awards ceremonies, and graduation. The CDC considers people fully vaccinated two weeks after they have received the second dose of a 2-dose vaccine (Moderna or Pfizer) or two weeks after receiving a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson). For those not vaccinated:
Non-vaccinated cadets may remove their facial coverings when:
- In their assigned barracks room and there is no one in the room besides their assigned roommates (family unit).
- Conducting individual PT or during group PT when the group can maintain 10 feet of social distancing. Facial coverings are to be worn to/from place of PT.
- When authorized by an instructor, in a classroom and as part of a group discussion where there is a minimum of six feet between group participants. The mask is removed to answer/respond and then replaced.
Non-vaccinated faculty, staff, and employees may remove their facial coverings when:
- Alone in their own office.
- In the instructor cubicles in SSH where the desks are socially distanced and have partitions between them.
- When teaching from behind a plexiglass shield/barrier.