VMI Summer Session facilitates cadet progression toward degree completion by offering courses for academic credit during the summer.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Summer Session I has been moved to a distance learning environment (on-line). Cadets will not report to Post for Summer Session I. The decisions regarding mode and place for Summer Session II are pending.
It provides the opportunity for cadets to meet curricular, scholarship, athletic, or readmission standards, by allowing them to earn credit for subjects in which they stand deficient or by receiving credit for courses in advance of their class. Summer study allows cadets to broaden their education by earning a double major or minor and facilitates transfer from one curriculum to another.
VMI cadets, graduates of accredited secondary schools, and students in good standing at other colleges may attend. High school students who have been promoted to the twelfth grade and have the written approval of their principal are also eligible to attend.
2020 Summer Session Dates
Summer Session I: May 19 - June 19 (moved to a distance learning environment)
- All fees due by 3 p.m. on May 14
- Classes Begin: May 19
- Last day for late registration: May 20
- Last day to add or drop classes: May 20
- Memorial Day (NO CLASSES): May 25
- Last Day to withdraw with a "W": June 9
- Last Day to withdraw with a "W" or "WF": June 15
- Classes End: June 19
- Final Examinations: June 18-19
Summer Session II: June 22 - July 23 (decisions regarding mode and place for Summer Session II are pending)
- All fees due by 3 p.m. on June 19
- Classes Begin: June 22
- Last day for late registration: June 23
- Last day to add or drop classes: June 23
- Independence Day (NO CLASSES): July 3
- Last Day to withdraw with a "W": July 13
- Last Day to withdraw with a "W" or "WF": July 17
- Classes End: July 23
- Final Examinations: July 22-23