What is the basic enrollment criteria?
- Be a full-time student
- Be of good moral character
- Be in good physical condition
- Be able to obtain U.S. citizenship prior to contracting and commissioning
- Meet height/weight/body fat requirements
- Maintain a 2.0 Cumulative GPA
- Seek a commission in the U.S. Air Force or U.S. Space Force
How do I apply for AFROTC at VMI?
AFROTC reps will be at Matriculation Day and you will simply check in with us to confirm your intention to join AFROTC, and we will make sure you have registered in the correct class and lab. Then toward the end of Matriculation Week, there will be time set aside to start the AFROTC application and in processing.
What documentation will I need to provide to complete my application?
- Original birth certificate
- Social Security card
- Transcripts from other colleges
- SAT/ACT scores, documents certifying previous youth experience (e.g. JROTC, Eagle Scout)
- Documents certifying previous military experience
- Any documents detailing any Civil Involvements (e.g. speeding tickets, parking tickets, etc.).
More information is available on the Prospective Cadet Info page.