Arabic Language Immersion Program
June 25 - July 19, 2019
The STARTALK Arabic program at VMI is designed for novice-level students wishing to have a strong foundation in Arabic language and Arab culture. All tuition costs are paid by the program.
Monday - Friday 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Open to high school juniors, seniors and college students (incoming VMI rat class not permitted)
- Participants receive 3 hours of college credits for Arabic 102
- Program Topic: “Opening and Running a Moroccan Restaurant”
- Duration: Four Weeks
- Daily Immersion Sessions allow students to engage with the language in a more relaxed environment, listen to Arabic music, play instructional games, interact with native speakers of Arabic, etc.
- By the end of the program, we hope that the participating students will have the linguistic and cultural skills to interact with Arabic speakers on basic, everyday topics in addition to the topic of food.
Application Deadline: June 1, 2019 (online application for 2019 available soon)