Parades by the Corps of Cadets begin at 10:30 a.m. Games begin promptly at 1:30 p.m. following a full Corps opening march-on ceremony.
Clear Plastic Bags must be used to carry any item into VMI sporting events to facilitate security checks. You may use any clear plastic bag; however, bags will be for sale in the bookstore and on game day mornings in Cameron Hall. This rule will be strictly enforced.
Items that cannot be taken into the stadium: The following items cannot be taken into the stadium. You will not be allowed to enter the stadium with these items in your possession:
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Outside Food and Beverages
Signage will direct fans to the Jordan’s Point entrance to VMI. This is the primary entrance to on-post parking areas. The only vehicles that will be allowed through the Letcher Avenue entrance will be those of VMI employees, Keydet Club Leadership members, Institute Society members, and designated members of the Parents Council setting up official Parents Council events. After 11:30 a.m., fans coming for the game may use either the Jordan’s Point or the Letcher Avenue entrances.
On Post: Parking on post during game days will start no earlier than 7:30 a.m. to ensure the safety of our visitors and parking attendants. This includes Parade Ground parking, parking in parking lots, and the parking garage under the CPTF. No overnight parking is permitted. All parking is on a first-come, first-served basis.
RV Parking: RV parking is not permitted on post.
CPTF Parking: A limited number of general parking spaces are available to the public in the parking garage under the Corps Physical Training Facility (CPTF). No tailgating is permitted in this area.
Handicapped Parking: Spaces for handicapped parking are available to the public at the Kilbourne Hall Parking lot behind the scoreboard at Foster Stadium, the parking garage under the CPTF (designated spaces reserved for handicapped parking and other parking spaces on first-come, first-served basis), as well as marked spaces elsewhere on post. There is no charge for handicapped parking in the CPTF.
Remote Parking: Off-post parking for fans this year will be at Rockbridge County High School, 143 Greenhouse Rd., Lexington, Va. 24450. Shuttle service will run continuously between the school and Cameron Hall from 8 a.m. to after the end of the game.
City Street Parking: The City of Lexington is allowing game attendees to use available parking within a short distance of VMI. The two-hour parking limit on signage does not apply on weekends. No parking is permitted on Diamond and Randolph streets as this area is designated by the city as resident-only parking. Violators could be ticketed.
Courthouse Parking Deck and Randolph Street Parking Lot: More than 150 free parking spaces are available in these two lots that are located on Varner Lane across from the Lexington Visitors Center and just a short walk from post and Foster Stadium. For directions, use Varner Lane, Lexington, Virginia, when you Google.
VIP Parking: Persons with parking passes issued by the Institute or the VMI Alumni Agencies may park in designated VIP areas. When those parking areas have reached capacity, attendants will direct VIP pass holders to other available lots, at which the rules and fees for those lots apply.
ON-POST SHUTTLE SERVICE
An on-post shuttle service will run continuously from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pick up locations are Moody Hall, Jackson Memorial Hall, Crozet Hall, and Cameron Hall. During the football game, shuttles will be positioned at Cameron Hall to transport spectators from the stadium back to the parade ground area.
PARADE GROUND AND CPTF PARKING RULES
- The parking fee for these facilities is $20. Have payment ready for attendants to keep traffic moving. Attendants will have the ability to give change.
Parking is on a first-come, first-served basis. Parking attendants will not allow spaces to be held for others. Tailgating is allowed on the Parade Ground, but not in the CPTF. If you want to tailgate next to friends or family, follow each other onto the Parade Ground.
- Follow all directions. We have an established plan that allows approximately 140 vehicles to park on the Parade Ground. This is reduced from previous years due to the construction activity during the summer.
Once you have entered the Parade Ground or CPTF parking, you may not leave and return. If you choose to depart, take all your items with you. Your space will not be held open.
- Tailgating with tents is permitted only on the Parade Ground. Only one tent per vehicle is authorized. Do not stake tents when placing them on the Parade Ground, as this can damage the underground sprinkler system. Tents should be secured with weights. Tents cannot exceed 10' x 10' in size, and only one tent per vehicle is authorized.
- Tailgaters are responsible for separating their recycling from their garbage. Recycling should be placed in a clear bag and garbage should be placed in a garbage bag and tied closed to avoid spilling. Trash and recycling cans are provided on the Parade Ground and are emptied during the football game.
- Alcohol: Employees, cadets, visitors, and other persons, regardless of age, are not allowed to consume or possess alcohol on post, including at events such as tailgating and locations such as, but not limited to Alumni Memorial Field, Foster Stadium, Gray-Minor Stadium, and other locales involving Institute athletic events.
- Pets: Pets are not allowed on post; however, service animals are permitted. This is not a pet-friendly activity.
- Weapons: Weapons are not allowed on post.
- Only propane cooking equipment is allowed. All grills must be secured and TURNED OFF if left unattended.
- No generators are allowed on the parade ground.
- Trailer mounted grills and smokers are not allowed on the parade ground
- Activities that put others at risk are prohibited.
- Please secure all personal items when left unattended.
- The Parade Ground closes at 6 p.m. except on Parents Weekend, when it closes at 7 p.m. Any vehicles remaining on the Parade Ground will be subject to towing.
- To avoid damage to personal property, all tailgating items need to be properly secured when you leave the area (tents staked in the ground, chairs stored, grills turned off, etc.).
- Drones are not authorized for use anywhere at VMI unless approved in advance.
- To minimize game day traffic concerns, families will not be allowed to pick up cadets at the PX. For cadets leaving post with their families after a game, please meet your family on the Parade Ground or in a parking lot on post.