Network account passwords (CADETS…your network password is NOT your email password) should be maintained by using Self Service Password; read the document Registering in Self Service Password for details.
Faculty/Staff: If you have not previously enrolled, follow the instructions below:
Cadets: If you have not previously enrolled or are requesting a password reset for your email account, follow the instructions below:
You MUST follow the below instructions or your request cannot be completed.
- Upload an image of your photo ID (ex: driver’s license) in the “Box widget” below. Box Widget is compatible with Internet Explorer, Edge, Firefox, and Chrome only.
- Name your document in this format: PasswordResetRequest_LastName_FirstName
- Send an Email to email@example.com after you have uploaded your photo. The email MUST include the following information:
- Confirm that photo has been uploaded
- Tell us what account password you need reset (PostView/Canvas OR your VMI email account, OR PostView/Canvas, and your VMI email account). **if you are requesting a password reset for your VMI email account, please provide an alternate email address we can send the temporary password to.**
These methods are the only alternatives. Do not call the IT office to request a password change unless you are experiencing a problem with SSP. The Help Desk will answer questions over the phone, but your password cannot be changed without the proper verification/documentation.