Mark Your Calendars!
Our fall career fair is currently scheduled for Wednesday, October 26,2022, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 pm.
Employers can register on Handshake. New employers are being added through October 14, 2022.
Cadets: Make sure you have updated your Handshake account, sign-up for your desired employer sessions, and complete your research on each employer to look your most prepared and polished. Registration is now open.
Career Fairs provide excellent opportunities to meet with employers who advertise job and internship opportunities each year.
Before your next Career Fair...
To continue your job search in the most effective way as you transition to distance learning and winter furlough:
- Take advantage of Career Services resources, including an Interviewing Guide, searching for jobs and internships on Handshake, and more networking tips.
- Work with our team to have your resume reviewed so that it is ready to go for any interviews or fairs that may come up over the next few months
- Upload your resume and update your Handshake profile for employers to review. Be sure to add any accomplishments or recognitions you may have achieved since you first created your account. Be sure to review the How to Drive Profile Completion resource for best practices.
- View “Attending a Virtual Career Fair? Here Are 10 Tips You Need to Know” to help you prepare for any upcoming fairs.
- Visit our page for cadets to find more guides such as how to write thank you notes and cover letters, develop a four-year plan, and find more online career resources.
- Complete a self-assessment to define your interests, values, strengths, and goals
- View our webinar series from the summer. Career Services partnered with the VMI Alumni Association and professionals in the field to provide insight, guidance, and support as you begin your job search.
If you have any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.