Mark Your Calendars!
The next Career Fair will be held on Wednesday, Oct. 25 in Marshall Hall. This year VMI is hosting a NON-STEM Career and Internship Fair from 10am-1pm and a STEM Career and Internship Fair from 2pm-4pm. Register today for the NON-STEM morning event or the STEM afternoon event. We look forward to seeing you in Marshall Hall on October 25th. See what employers are saying about recruiting cadets at VMI.
"They have the time management skills, they are dependable, they are trustworthy."
- Will Luxhoj ’15, CBG Building Company
Cadets: Make sure you have updated your Handshake account, sign-up for your desired employer sessions, and complete your research on each employer to look your most prepared and polished.
Career Fairs provide excellent opportunities to meet with employers who advertise job and internship opportunities each year.
Before your next Career Fair...
To continue your job search in the most effective way as you transition to distance learning and winter furlough:
- Take advantage of Career Services resources, including an Interviewing Guide, searching for jobs and internships on Handshake, and more networking tips.
- Work with our team to have your resume reviewed so that it is ready to go for any interviews or fairs that may come up over the next few months
- Upload your resume and update your Handshake profile for employers to review. Be sure to add any accomplishments or recognitions you may have achieved since you first created your account. Be sure to review the How to Drive Profile Completion resource for best practices.
- View “Attending a Virtual Career Fair? Here Are 10 Tips You Need to Know” to help you prepare for any upcoming fairs.
- Visit our page for cadets to find more guides such as how to write thank you notes and cover letters, develop a four-year plan, and find more online career resources.
- Complete a self-assessment to define your interests, values, strengths, and goals
- View our webinar series from the summer. Career Services partnered with the VMI Alumni Association and professionals in the field to provide insight, guidance, and support as you begin your job search.
If you have any issues, please email email@example.com for assistance.