Career Fairs provide excellent opportunities to meet with employers who advertise job and internship opportunities each year. It allows cadets to meet with employers and recruiters face to face and ask questions about opportunities.
Register for the VMI Fall 2020 Virtual Career Fair!
This Virtual Career Fair will be held on 19 October, 2020 from 1000 – 1300 hrs. Please register on Handshake prior to the event.
NOTE : You will need to register for employer sessions after registering for the career fair.
There are two types of sessions that employers may host:
- 1:1 Sessions (10 minutes each, one student and one employer)
- Group Sessions (30 minutes each, multiple students can attend)
Handshake provides helpful tips for registering and attending the virtual career fair.
Prepare for the Fair:
Follow these steps and guidance tips to get the most out of this exciting opportunity!
- In order to sign-up for sessions, you must be registered for the Career Fair.
- To sign-up for Group or 1:1 sessions, you may be prompted to update your profile privacy setting (we recommend “Community”).
- More employers will be added until 5 October, when employer registration ends.
- You'll be able to sign-up for sessions up to one minute before the start time; once the session has started, you'll be unable to sign up for the session. - Joining a Session
- Be sure to review which employers are attending the fair and do your research.
- Make sure you have the right audio and video to participate. - Handshake Video Requirements & Troubleshooting
- Have your resume reviewed by Career Services and upload to your Handshake profile for employers to review.
- Complete your profile. - How to Drive Profile Completion
Finally, we recommend viewing “Attending a Virtual Career Fair? Here Are 10 Tips You Need to Know” to help you prepare.
If you have any issues, please email email@example.com for assistance.