The Math Resource Center is a tutoring and study center for current cadets to improve their math skills.
At the Math Resource Center, cadets and tutors work together to assess math skills of incoming students and improve those skills to achieve their goals while at the Institute.
Tutors at the center are trained, knowledgeable, and current on the specific techniques and problems taught by VMI mathematics teaching faculty.
The center is open to any cadet whether they are striving for an A or struggling to pass classes.
Tutors can help with these specific courses:
- MA-101/MA-102 - Math That Matters I & II
- MA-103 - Fundamentals of Matrix Algebra
- MA-114 - Pre-Calculus
- MA-123/MA-124 - Calculus & Analytic Geometry I & II
- MA-215 - Calculus With Analytical Geometry III
- MA-220 - Probability & Statistics for Engineers & Scientists
- MA-311 - Differential Equations
Open Math Lab hours
(No appointment necessary)
Afternoons: noon - 4 p.m. Monday-Thursday
Evenings: 6 - 11 p.m. Sunday-Thursday
Do you need more one-on-one help?
Make an appointment with CPT Brown
Mornings: 8 a.m. - noon Monday-Friday