ⓘ The Registrar’s Office will continue to provide support services for registration, enrollment, transcripts, verifications, investigator checks, and internal forms/records updates by phone and email. Walk-in services are available by appointment only. For the safety of the entire VMI community, registration and enrollment forms have transitioned to an online process at etcentral.vmi.edu. If you feel a brief in-person appointment is still required, please contact the office by phone at 540-464-7213 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule and confirm an appointment time. Please do not arrive at the Registrar's Office without a confirmed appointment.
The Registrar's Office provides records management, course scheduling, degree certification, and diploma processing, registration, grading and evaluations, transcript processing, academic standards review, statistical reporting, support of ad hoc requests, and FERPA compliance.
The Registrar's Office meets its mission through:
- Seeking ways to continually improve the level of service to the user community. This is accomplished through a continual review of technological capabilities, and the development of supporting processes and procedures that will enhance information accessibility to cadets, faculty and administrative personnel.
- Upholding quality standards and ensuring that the integrity, accuracy, and security of data remain at exceptional quality.
- Real-time processing of information to provide the post-community direct access to the most up-to-date and accurate information available.
- To support the end users to be more self-sufficient within the decentralized structure.
- Promoting personal, courteous and cooperative customer service in meeting the needs of the user community.
- To serve cadets, parents, faculty, alumni, staff and the public within the parameters established by law.
ⓘ Policy Updates: Policy information for acceptance of pass/fail grades and transfer of online courses can be found on the For Cadets page under the Coronavirus information pages.